Feb. 28 – Jim Zimmerman, the China managing partner of U.S. law firm Sheppard Mullin, is a good friend of China Briefing and is also both the Chairman Emeritus of Amcham China and the author of the China Law Deskbook – considered by many to be the bible of China law. Jim has recently introduced a regular update service to the China Law Deskbook and has kindly given permission for China Briefing to host it here.
Entitled “News and Views from Beijing,” the new February issue is available as a complimentary PDF download by clicking here, and contains details of new laws, regulations, and policy trends.
Included in this month’s issue are Jim’s comments concerning:
- Deadline for registration of users of microblog services
- NDRC limitations on mortgages to foreigner purchases of real estate
- MOF/MIIT preferential incentives for SMEs in government procurement
- Regulations on nepotism in the civil service
- CBRC preferential policies for loans to “green” companies
- MOFCOM measures on investigating failures to file for merger review
Readers wishing to purchase the China Law Deskbook may visit the site here.
We are grateful to Jim for permitting us to reproduce the original content for the benefit of our readers.