China Law Deskbook Legal Update – May/June 2013
Jun. 11 – Jim Zimmerman, the China managing partner of U.S. law firm Sheppard Mullin, is a good friend of China Briefing and is also both the Chairman Emeritus of Amcham China and the author of the China Law Deskbook – considered by many to be the bible of China law. Jim has recently introduced a regular update service to the China Law Deskbook and has kindly given permission for China Briefing to host it here.
Entitled “News and Views from Beijing,” the new May/June 2013 issue is available as a complimentary PDF download by clicking here, and contains details of new laws, regulations, and policy trends.
Included in this issue are Jim’s comments on the following new laws, regulations and policy trends:
- MEP issues its annual report citing that China’s pollution remains a “grave” problem
- SPC issues a judicial interpretation designed to manage insurance-related disputes
- State Council again reduces the number of items that require national level approval
- PBOC, MPS, and Ministry of State Security issue draft rules to address the seizure of terrorist-related assets
- NDRC releases policy guidelines designed to spur the economy
Readers wishing to purchase the China Law Deskbook may visit the site here.
We are grateful to Jim for permitting us to reproduce the original content for the benefit of our readers.
- Previous Article Jiangsu Province Clarifies Tax Collection Standards
- Next Article China Further Promotes E-Commerce Development