China Law Deskbook – New Monthly Updates
Feb. 28 – The China Law Deskbook is published by the American Bar Association, and written by James Zimmerman, managing partner in Beijing with Squire Sanders Dempsey. It is the definitive bible on China law and should be on every in-house legal counsel desk concerned with business in China.
The book is now being augmented with a new monthly update “News and Views from Beijing.”
As Jim himself puts it: “My intent with each monthly newsletter is to provide readers with useful on-the-ground sourced intelligence and observations about topics that may be helpful to business in China, and to supplement the third edition of the Deskbook published in June, 2010.”
This new issue of the monthly update includes a selection of new laws, regulations, and policy trends of interest, including:
- The upcoming National People’s Congress meeting in Beijing in March 2011
- Amendment to the country’s criminal law
- New court rules of the Supreme People’s Court concerning judicial ethics
- The State Council’s standards concerning the national security review process applicable to M&A activities in China
The initial issue can be downloaded here, however to ensure you receive it direct from the source, please see chinalawdeskbook.com. This initiative should become a welcome addition to the wealth of information currently available and we do recommend China Briefing readers to road test this new monthly update in addition to making use of the complete publication.
Please click on the image for a complimentary download.
- Previous Article Dalian Sees Outsourcing Industry Boom
- Next Article Zhejiang New Minimum Wage Standards to be Set in line with GDP Per Capita