Event: Examining the online scene in China
Amcham Beijing is holding a seminar on September 19 at which Chris Devonshire-Ellis, founding partner of Dezan Shira & Associates and publisher of China Briefing, 2point6billion, India Briefing, China Expat and several books on China business law and tax will be speaking. The event details are as follows:
Under the Digital Influence: Eight Experts Examine the Online Scene in China
1:30-6:30 p.m., September 19, Renaissance Hotel Ballroom, Beijing
China’s Internet scene is growing by leaps and bounds in terms of size, influence and opportunities. Join AmCham-China for an afternoon featuring eight experts on China’s digital and blogging scenes, the launch of the chamber’s new webpage, and a networking party.
Decoding China’s Internet Scene
Four experts provide the big picture on what’s happening online in the world’s largest market. The panel will cover trends, myths and realities, and advice in regard to understanding the online environment.
- Sam Flemming, CEO of Internet word of mouth (IWOM) research and consulting firm CIC Data
- Andrew Lih, former new media academic at Columbia University and Hong Kong University now authoring a book about online collaboration
- David Wolf, CEO of Wolf Group Asia, author of high-tech site siliconhutong.com
- Matt Roberts of About.com, former chief representative of Dow Jones China and long-time member of the chamber’s Media & Entertainment Forum (moderator)
The Business of Blogging
Four top English-language bloggers in China who cover the legal, tax, PR and media sectors discuss the pros and cons of blogging, how it has helped and/or hurt their careers and companies, and what to be aware of before venturing online.
- Dan Harris of legal site China Law Blog, founding member of Harris & Moure pllc
- Chris Devonshire-Ellis of the business sites China Briefing and 2point6billion.com, senior partner of Dezan Shira & Associates
- Will Moss of PR site imagethief.com, senior associate of Burson-Marsteller
- Jeremy Goldkorn of media site Danwei, founder of The Standards Group (moderator)
1:30-2 p.m.: Registration
Panel 1: Decoding China’s Internet Scene
Panel 2: The Business of Blogging
Launch of AmCham Daily webpage / networking party
The fee for this event is RMB200 for AmCham cardholders, RMB300 for non-cardholding employees of AmCham member companies, and RMB450 for nonmembers.
It’s a rare occurance to have the number one and two most popular China business blogs (China Briefing of course, and Dan Harris’s China Law Blog). These things tend to fill up fast so make sure to book your place early.
To register, please click here.