The Best of Asia Briefing – August/September 2012
Featuring our latest magazine and book downloads, as well as the best of our business and regulatory commentary. Includes our most recent publications and complimentary downloads concerning emerging Asia.
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements
In this issue, we look at the evolution of the legal framework of double taxation agreements in China, including the foundations of anti-avoidance, obligations in reporting offshore transactions, how to qualify as a beneficial owner and how to claim treaty benefits. We also outline the interpretations given in Circular 75 of the China-Singapore DTA, which was the first time that the Chinese tax authorities really opened up about DTA interpretations.
Dalian City Guide
Asia Briefing’s Dalian City Guide is designed for the investor seeking a general overview on one of China’s most important port cities, which handles most trade with Japan, Korea and Taiwan due to its strategic location. Compiled by our own local resources and expertise, this guide presents the investor a real picture of the city’s economic conditions.
An Introduction to Doing Business in China
Asia Briefing, in cooperation with its parent firm Dezan Shira & Associates, has just released this 40-page report introducing everything that a foreign investor should be familiar with when establishing and operating a business in China.
- Double Taxation Agreements for China Investment
- VAT General Taxpayer Status: How and Why
- WTO China UnionPay Ruling Paves Way for Visa, MasterCard
- Entering the Chinese Food & Beverage Market – The San Gines Way
- China Legal Incorporations and Tax Registrations – Regional Subtleties Make All the Difference
Pre and Post-Incorporation Compliance for FIEs in India
Compliance requirements vary by foreign-invested entity type. In this issue of India Briefing Magazine, we discuss compliance for foreign representation entities and wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Subbaiah: Mahindra World City a New World Class FDI Destination in Jaipur
- Reforms in India: Government Allows FDI in Multi Brand Retail
- Reforms in India: Government Allows FDI in Aviation
- Import-Export Code: Points to Remember
- Latest on GAAR
An Introduction to Doing Business in Vietnam
Asia Briefing, in cooperation with its parent firm Dezan Shira & Associates, has just released this 32-page report introducing everything that a foreign investor should be familiar with when establishing and operating a business in Vietnam.
Human Resources for Foreigners in Vietnam
In this issue of Vietnam Briefing, we take a look at foreign workers in Vietnam: how to hire, the legal obligations a company bears (including withholding and paying personal income tax and social insurance), and finally a common dilemma – the housing situation.
- New Vietnamese Circular on Tax Code Registration
- Outsourcing to Vietnam through the New Labor Code
- Vietnam vs. China Part I: Representative Offices
- Vietnamese Prime Minister Pushes for Uniform Framework for Investment Incentives
Russia’s Accounting Revolution (Coming Soon)
In this issue of Russia Briefing, we look at Russia’s accounting “revolution.” The new Law on Accounting that passed the parliament in December 2011 and comes into force January 2013 is nothing short of revolutionary. Combined with the dramatic changes in accounting already underway in Russia, including the introduction of obligatory provision calculations in 2011 and automatic document exchange in 2012, the new law can be considered a breakthrough for further improvement in accounting in Russia.
- Russia’s Super-Rich Lack ‘Dynastic Will’
- Russia to Sell 7.6 Percent Stake in Sberbank
- Russia to Implement Recycling Fee on Imported Farm Equipment
- Putin Asks for Brezhnev-Style Gerontology
An Introduction to Doing Business in Singapore
Asia Briefing, in cooperation with its parent firm Dezan Shira & Associates, has just released this 25-page report introducing everything that a foreign investor should be familiar with when establishing and operating a business in Singapore.
- China Seen Whipping Up Anti-Japan Demonstrations
- As Chinese Influence Grows, India Intensifies Defense Ties with the Maldives
- India Poised to Compete for China FDI
- China’s Shadow Looms Over Clinton’s Asian Trip
- On the Fast-Track: Technology Transfer in China
August Issue of North Korea’s DPRK Monthly
Monthly report covering domestic, peninsular, regional, and global news relating to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, or North Korea. DPRK Monthly is written and produced by North Korea expert Paul White.
Asia Briefing and its titles are produced in association with Dezan Shira & Associates, Asia’s premier foreign direct investment practice. To visit the complete Asia Briefing Bookstore, please click here.
Dezan Shira & Associates is a specialist foreign direct investment practice, providing corporate establishment, business advisory, tax advisory and compliance, accounting, payroll, due diligence and financial review services to multinationals investing in emerging Asia. For further details or to contact the firm, please email email@example.com, visit www.dezshira.com, or download the company brochure.
You can stay up to date with the latest business and investment trends across Asia by subscribing to The Asia Advantage, our complimentary weekly update service featuring news, commentary, guides, downloads, and multimedia resources.