The Best of Asia Briefing – August/September 2013
Featuring our latest magazine and book downloads, as well as the best of our business and regulatory commentary. Includes our most recent publications and complimentary downloads concerning China, India, ASEAN, and the rest of emerging Asia.
Work Visa and Permit Procedures Across Asia
In this edition of Asia Briefing Magazine, we outline the specific documents required for foreign nationals working in China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, as well as highlight the relevant application processes in each of these countries.
An Introduction to Tax Treaties Throughout Asia
In this issue of Asia Briefing Magazine, we take a look at the various types of trade and tax treaties that exist between Asian nations. These include bilateral investment treaties, double taxation agreements, and free trade agreements – all of which directly affect businesses operating in Asia.
- The Pan-Asia Indicator
- Asian Economies ‘Need Structural Change’
- Asia Improves International Competitiveness
- BRICS to Set Up a US$100 Billion FOREX Fund
- Chinese-Japanese Attitudes Build In Negativity
- India and China’s Retail Industries Compared
Using China WFOEs in the Service and Manufacturing Industries
In this issue of China Briefing Magazine, we provide a detailed overview of the WFOE establishment procedures as well as outline the typical costs associated with running these entities in China.
E-Commerce in China
In this issue of China Briefing Magazine, we cover the current laws pertinent to the e-commerce industry in China, as well as introduce the steps involved in setting up an online shop in the country in order to help provide foreign investors with an overview of the e-commerce landscape in China.
- China Clarifies New VAT Exemptions Applied to Cross-Border Services
- China Strengthens Personal Information Protection
- China Adopts New Trademark Law
- Creating a Company Rulebook in China
- Regulations and Restrictions on Foreign Real Estate Property Purchases in China
- Permitted Allowances for Foreign Employees in China
Trading with India
In this issue of India Briefing Magazine we focus on the dynamics driving India as a global trading hub. Within the magazine, you will find tips for buying and selling in India from overseas, as well as how to set up a trading company in the country.
- India Raises FDI Cap for Railway Projects
- India Develops Information Technology Investment Region
- Establishing a Trading Company in India
- India Releases Draft Rules for New Companies Act
- India Passes Pension Bill to Increase Foreign Investment
- India Establishes New “One Person Company” Category
Manufacturing in Vietnam to Sell to ASEAN and China
In this issue of Vietnam Briefing Magazine, we introduce our readers to manufacturing in Vietnam as a key part of their business strategy within the ASEAN region and beyond. Specifically, we explain the new ASEAN Free Trade Area, outline what foreign investors can look forward to when creating their manufacturing presence in the country, and introduce the country’s key tax points.
- Vietnam Clarifies Foreign Worker Guidelines
- Calculating Value-added Tax in Vietnam
- Vehicles for Foreign Investment in Vietnam: 100% FOEs & JVs
- Vietnam Gov’t Issues New Transfer Pricing Circular
- Economic Zones, Industrial Parks Attract High Investment
- Vietnam to Allow Greater Foreign Holdings in Domestic Companies
ASEAN Briefing’s Tax Treaty Library
ASEAN Briefing is constructed in a library and archive format, where we have collected the various and increasing number of double taxation agreements and free trade agreements that ASEAN and its individual members states have with other nations – including China, India, and other globally important trade partners such as the United States and the European Union. We also publish similar information concerning other Asian-influenced free trade agreements, such as the ASEAN Free Trade Area, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership and the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- ASEAN Economies Maintain “Stable Outlook”
- ASEAN Meeting Held in Indonesia, Leaders Pledge Inter-ASEAN Support
- Southeast Asia Single-Visa Policy in Development
- The China-ASEAN “Diamond Decade”
- Positive Outlook in ASEAN for American Companies
- ASEAN Report: FDI Flows at a Record High
Dezan Shira & Associates is a specialist foreign direct investment practice, providing corporate establishment, business advisory, tax advisory and compliance, accounting, payroll, due diligence and financial review services to multinationals investing in emerging Asia. Since its establishment in 1992, the firm has grown into one of Asia’s most versatile full-service consultancies with operational offices across China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Vietnam as well as liaison offices in Italy and the United States.
You can stay up to date with the latest business and investment trends across China by subscribing to Asia Briefing’s complimentary update service featuring news, commentary, guides, and multimedia resources.
- Previous Article China Clarifies New VAT Exemptions Applied to Cross-Border Services
- Next Article China Clarifies the Offsetting of Overdue Taxes with Refundable Taxes