The Best of Asia Briefing – June/July 2012
Featuring our latest magazine and book downloads, as well as the best of our business and regulatory commentary. Includes our most recent publications and complimentary downloads concerning China, India, Vietnam, Myanmar, Russia and Mongolia.
An Introduction to Doing Business in China
Asia Briefing, in cooperation with its parent firm Dezan Shira & Associates, has just released this 40-page report introducing everything that a foreign investor should be familiar with when establishing and operating a business in China.
Value-Added Tax Reform
VAT reform is a confusing transition for many and introduces a number of additional questions, such as exactly what types of input VAT are now deductible. Confusion about the new laws may also allow opportunistic companies to charge higher prices and blame the increase on the tax reform. To add some clarity to the issue – and VAT in general – this issue of China Briefing takes a look at a number of VAT-related questions.
- Co-Investing in China with Chinese Partners
- China’s New Exit-Entry Law Targets Illegally Working Foreigners
- Policy Approvals for the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Qianhai Services Zone
- China Reforms Foreign Exchange in Goods Trading
- Creating a Web Startup in China
New Issue of India Briefing: Payroll Processing in India
In this issue of India Briefing Magazine, we aim to help expatriate managers and business owners grasp the overall picture of how payroll works in India. We also discuss how outsourcing payroll can benefit all types of companies, particularly those of small and medium-size.
- New Service Tax Introduced from July 1, 2012
- Corporate Social Responsibility in India
- Individual Income Tax in India
- Industrial Licensing – Norms and Policies
- Entering India – Visa Processes and Applications
Vietnam’s Provinces, Regions, and Key Economic Zones
In this issue of Vietnam Briefing Magazine, we discuss the industries and economy of Vietnam’s three levels of geographic divisions from the perspective of a potential foreign investor.
- Vietnam’s Key Investment Laws
- Vietnam Ratifies New Labor Code
- Credit Institutions In Vietnam Now Offering Foreign Currency Loans
- Vietnam Ranks Coastal Economic Zones
Payroll and Employment Law
As Russia has joined the WTO, increasing numbers of foreign investors are interested in this consumer market as it begins to open up. This issue concentrates on Russia’s myriad of employment laws and the contributions employers are expected to make in Russia. Includes salary rates, tax and welfare payments.
- Russia’s Second Largest Social Media Network Now Has English Version
- Private Equity Funds Eying New Russian Investments
- Russia Increasing Foreign Access to Construction and Energy Sectors
- Russia to Acknowledge Degrees from 210 Foreign Universities
An Introduction to Doing Business in Myanmar
It seems Myanmar is finally opening its doors to the rest of the world. A few months ago, the military-led government pushed political and economic reforms, attracting the attention of potential investors worldwide. This guide covers everything you need to know about the current state of the country with regards to foreign investment.
- Philippines Rising as Key Competitor to India in BPO Services
- India Most Preferred Foreign Investment Destination after United States and China
- Outcomes of APEC’s 10th Energy Meetings
- Iranian Energy – A Geopolitical Challenge for China and India
June Issue of North Korea’s DPRK Monthly
Monthly report covering domestic, peninsular, regional, and global news relating to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, or North Korea. DPRK Monthly is written and produced by North Korea expert Paul White.
Are You Ready for Naadam 2012?
For this edition of Mongolia Expat Magazine we explore the “Three Kingly Sports” that make up Mongolia’s annual Naadam Festival, which takes place in Ulaanbaatar from July 11 to July 13. We also get to meet shamans, go wolf hunting, and generally immerse ourselves in Mongolian culture. Mongolia Expat is written and produced by Asia Briefing founder and publisher Chris Devonshire-Ellis.
Asia Briefing and its titles are produced in association with Dezan Shira & Associates, Asia’s premier foreign direct investment practice. To visit the complete Asia Briefing Bookstore, please click here.
Dezan Shira & Associates is a specialist foreign direct investment practice, providing corporate establishment, business advisory, tax advisory and compliance, accounting, payroll, due diligence and financial review services to multinationals investing in emerging Asia. For further details or to contact the firm, please email email@example.com, visit www.dezshira.com, or download the company brochure.
You can stay up to date with the latest business and investment trends across Asia by subscribing to The Asia Advantage, our complimentary weekly update service featuring news, commentary, guides, downloads, and multimedia resources.
- Previous Article Dispute Resolution in China – The Disintegration of CIETAC
- Next Article China-Hong Kong to Promote Further Liberalization under CEPA