The Best of Asia Briefing – May/June 2013
Featuring our latest magazine and book downloads, as well as the best of our business and regulatory commentary. Includes our most recent publications and complimentary downloads concerning China, India, ASEAN, and the rest of emerging Asia.
An Introduction to Development Zones Across Asia (Complimentary Download)
In this issue of Asia Briefing Magazine, we break down the various types of development zones available in China, India and Vietnam specifically, as well as their key characteristics and leading advantages. Available as a complimentary PDF download on the Asia Briefing Bookstore through June 30, 2013.
Expanding Your China Business to India and Vietnam
This issue of Asia Briefing Magazine discusses why China is no longer the only solution for export driven businesses, and how the evolution of trade in Asia is determining that locations such as Vietnam and India represent competitive alternatives. With that in mind, we examine the common purposes as well as the pros and cons of the various market entry vehicles available for foreign investors interested in Vietnam and India.
- Why India is Winning the Entrepreneurial Battle with China
- Is Doing Business in India More Difficult than in China?
- China-India Purchasing Power and Expenditure Comparison
- China and India: The Proverbial Hare and Tortoise?
- India Strengthens Ties With Asia-Pacific Nations
- China-India Wage Comparison
The China Tax Guide: Tax, Accounting and Audit (Sixth Edition)
This edition of the China Tax Guide, updated for 2013, offers a comprehensive overview of the major taxes foreign investors are likely to encounter when establishing or operating a business in China, as well as other tax-relevant obligations. This concise, detailed, yet pragmatic guide is ideal for CFOs, compliance officers and heads of accounting who need to be able to navigate the complex tax and accounting landscape in China in order to effectively manage and strategically plan their China operations.
Sourcing from China (Complimentary Download)
In this issue of China Briefing Magazine, we outline the various sourcing models available for foreign investors and discuss how to decide which structure best suits the sourcing needs of your business. Perhaps the most important factors to consider when choosing a sourcing structure are your staffing requirements, your need for operational flexibility, and which option offers the greatest cost efficiencies. Available as a complimentary PDF download on the Asia Briefing Bookstore through June 30, 2013.
Understanding Permanent Establishments in China
This issue of China Briefing Magazine casts some light on permanent establishment status in China by discussing the circumstances triggering a PE in China, focusing on Service PEs. We also discuss the tax implications for a non-resident enterprise where its activities in China constitute a Service PE in the country, and address the taxation of representative offices.
- Calculating and Filing Withholding Tax in China
- Comparison: Sourcing Model Options in China
- Utilizing Development Zones in China
- China Clarifies VAT General Taxpayer Recognition Under Nationwide Reform
- China Further Promotes E-Commerce Development
- China’s 2012 Statistics for Human Resource and Social Security Development
An Introduction to Audit in India (Complimentary Download)
In this issue, we examine how India’s accounting standards differ from the globally accepted IFRS and IAS protocols, and outline the standard steps and procedures an Indian auditor will go through during the audit process and explain pre-audit preparations that can be carried out to make the process easier to follow and understand for foreign executives. Currently available as a complimentary PDF download on the Asia Briefing Bookstore.
- Key Sectors for FDI in India: Airports and Ports
- India Extends Jammu and Kashmir’s Industrial Incentive Package
- India Addresses Infrastructure Worries
- Types of Audit and Audit Reporting in India
- India Raises Import Duty on Gold and Platinum
- India Issues Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Clarification
Re-evaluating Your Vietnam Representative Office (Complimentary Download)
This issue of the Vietnam Briefing Magazine examines representative offices – the processes of working with them, and the rationale for either upgrading or closing them. Currently available as a complimentary PDF download on the Asia Briefing Bookstore.
- Managing Payroll in Vietnam
- Vietnam Issues New Labor Outsourcing Regulations
- Development Zones in Vietnam
- Vietnam Issues New Decrees to Guide Labor Code
- Establishing a Representative Office in Vietnam
- Vietnam Issues New VAT Regulations
ASEAN Briefing’s Tax Treaty Library
ASEAN Briefing is constructed in a library and archive format, where we have collected the various and increasing number of double taxation agreements and free trade agreements that ASEAN and its individual members states have with other nations – including China, India, and other globally important trade partners such as the United States and the European Union. We also publish similar information concerning other Asian-influenced free trade agreements, such as the ASEAN Free Trade Area, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership and the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- ASEAN’s Rising Minimum Wage Levels: Indonesia
- Development Zones Across ASEAN
- ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard
- ASEAN SMEs Bolstered After Singapore-Japan MoU
- How to Avoid Double Taxation in Vietnam
- FTSE & ASEAN Join Together Over Joint Indices
Dezan Shira & Associates is a specialist foreign direct investment practice, providing corporate establishment, business advisory, tax advisory and compliance, accounting, payroll, due diligence and financial review services to multinationals investing in emerging Asia. Since its establishment in 1992, the firm has grown into one of Asia’s most versatile full-service consultancies with operational offices across China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore and Vietnam as well as liaison offices in Italy and the United States.
You can stay up to date with the latest business and investment trends across China by subscribing to Asia Briefing’s complimentary update service featuring news, commentary, guides, and multimedia resources.
- Previous Article China Announces 31 Measures to Boost Cross-Strait Exchanges
- Next Article China Signs New Tax Treaty with the Netherlands