China Law Deskbook Legal Update – Sept. 2011
Sept. 7 – Jim Zimmerman, the China managing partner of U.S. law firm Sheppard Mullin is a good friend of China Briefing and is also both the Chairman Emeritus of Amcham China and the author of the China Law Deskbook – considered by many to be the bible of China law. Jim has recently introduced a regular update service to the China Law Deskbook and has kindly given permission for China Briefing to host it here.
Entitled “News and Views from Beijing,” the new September PDF issue is attached as a complimentary download, and contains details of new laws, regulations, and policy trends. Included in this issue are Jim’s comments concerning:
- Continued restrictions on Internet freedom
- CBRC measures to support credit facilities for SMEs
- State Council rules to support the Hong Kong financial services sector on the Mainland
- State Council rules regarding corruption codes of conduct for government officials at the village and township levels
Readers wishing to purchase the China Law Deskbook may visit the site here.
We are grateful to Jim for permitting us to reproduce the original content for the benefit of our readers.
- Previous Article A Guide to China’s Property Land Bank
- Next Article SAFE Requires Additional Documents for Foreign Exchange Settlement