Downsizing or Liquidating a China Business

Posted by Reading Time: < 1 minute

Feb. 11 – While the current global economic problems continue to wreak havoc, particularly among businesses in China who are solely export focused, it is prudent for executives facing difficult decisions in China to be aware of their responsibilities when faced with tough decisions.

The Chinese government has already stated that it intends to seek prosecution for foreign executives and legally responsible persons for not properly meeting statutory obligations when closing a business in China. Just walking away is an option that now carries the risk of being permanently barred from entry to China, possible apprehension at immigration in the future, heavy fines, and jail sentences.

With these penalties in mind, we have updated and released as a special issue, our articles on downsizing and liquidating businesses in China (click on picture at right to download this issue). We outline the responsibilities foreign executives have when it comes to winding up a business in China, and the procedures that need to be followed. It is a difficult subject, however in accordance with most business matters, still requires attention to detail and regulatory compliance.

In this issue:
Downsizing staff and the Chinese Labor Law
Company Law and the Liquidation Process
Financial and Tax Considerations
Accurately Assessing Liabilities
Formation of the Liquidation Committee
Applying for Bankruptcy

Download the issue.

13 thoughts on “Downsizing or Liquidating a China Business

winnie ming says:

Can not download the article of “Downizing or Liquidating a China Business”, please help

Editor says:

Winnie,

To download the article, please make sure you have signed up for a China Briefing account. If you are still having problems, please email editor@china-briefing.com.

Regards,

Dilok says:

I have signe up but I couldn’t download either.
    I had no problem for previous article.
    Plesea suggest

Editor says:

An email has been sent with the article attached.

Regards,

Catherine Sin says:

I have already login for China Briefing but still cannot download “Downizing or Liquidating a China Business”. Please help.

Editor says:

An email has been sent with the article attached.

Regards,

Ping says:

Hiya, I can not manage to download”Downizing or Liquidation a China Business” please kindly help

Editor says:

An email has been sent with the article attached.

Regards,

Dirk says:

Hello, I can not download the issue either despite registering (no e-mail reply) Could you please send me the mag per e-mail? Thanx

Editor says:

Dirk,

You have been sent another registration email. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Price Pritchett says:

No luck downloading the report. Suggestions?

Joe Aberger says:

I registered for the China Briefing newsletter but I am still unable to download the Downsizing a Business in China paper. Can you email it to me.

@Price & Joe

I have emailed you a PDF copy of the report. Any other questions feel free to contact me.

Comments are closed.