Equity transfer is a common component of the M&A process, taxation of which is a complex issue. If entities incorrectly calculate tax obligations, then they risk being reprimanded by tax authorities. This case study will explore several issues that hinder clear tax declaration when executing an equity transfe...
Recent regulatory updates aiming to boost domestic consumption have changed prospects for foreign investment into China's culture and entertainment sector. This article explores opportunities for foreign involvement in the film and video game industries, which are subject to tight regulatory scrutiny.
China's trade with the US dropped by 6.9 percent last year, supporting the notion that the Chinese government aims to shift bilateral trade to Eurasian countries along the New Economic Silk Road, and improve ties with India.
China's updated cross border e-commerce positive list includes pet food for the first time, providing new opportunities for foreign brands. A changing tax environment and regulatory uncertainty surrounding the treatment of pet food, however, provide challenges to overseas sellers.
Several developments, including a new agreement with Rio Tinto, have again placed Mongolia in the limelight. However, to analyze what the future may hold for the country, it is critical to look at the relationship with its biggest economic partner, China.
China Market Watch: Forestry Sector Output Flourishes and China Railway Corp Releases Construction Plan and Budget for 2017
In this week’s China Market Watch, we explore China’s green energy targets for 2020, the increasing output of the forestry sector, the surge in outbound mobile payments, and this year’s railway plan and budget released by China Railway Corp.
- China-Mongolia Relations: Challenges and Opportunities
- China Market Watch: Growth in Postal Sector and New Auto Sales Records Set
- China’s Foreign Trade in 2016: Identifying Trends and Opportunities
- Preventing Insolvency: How to Plan the Cash Flow and Financing of a WFOE in China
Equity transfer is a common component of the M&A process, taxation of which is a complex issue. If entities incorrectly calculate tax obligations, then they risk being reprimanded by tax authorities. This case study will explore several issues that hinder clear tax declaration when executing an equity transfer.
- Understanding China’s VAT Accounting Guidelines
- An Overview of China’s VAT Reform
- Understanding China’s Tax Offenders Blacklist System
- Import-Export Taxes and Duties in China
China Regulatory Brief: Foreign Trade Development Plan Released and China-Canada Social Security Agreement Reached
In this week’s China Regulatory Brief, we discuss the foreign trade development plan during the 13th five year plan period, the new rules for filing of private placement of foreign enterprises, the preferential VAT policies for R&D and manufacture of large passenger planes, and the social security agreement reached by China and Canada.
- China Regulatory Brief: Directory of Relevant Regulatory Departments for Foreign NGOs in China, and the First Initiative to Promote Safe Production
- Setting Up a Foreign NGO as an RO in China: Navigating the New Procedures
- China Regulatory Brief: Tax Benefits for Advanced Technology Service Enterprises, and New Foreign Investment Catalogue
- Funding China’s Civil Society – Tax Incentives, Donation Law, and the Role of Foreign Charities
Recent regulatory updates aiming to boost domestic consumption have changed prospects for foreign investment into China’s culture and entertainment sector. This article explores opportunities for foreign involvement in the film and video game industries, which are subject to tight regulatory scrutiny.
- Navigating Cross Border e-Commerce Regulations in China’s Pet Food Industry
- China’s Wastewater Treatment Industry: Opportunities for Foreign Investors
- Mapping the Rise of China’s Commercial Drone Industry
- New Horizons: Investing in China’s Civilian Airport Industry
The latest issue of China Briefing Magazine, focusing on how to successfully conduct an HR audit in China, is out now and available for download in the Asia Briefing Publication Store.
- Q&A: Labor Disputes and Labor Law Compliance in China
- A Complete Guide to 2016 Minimum Wage Levels Across China
- China Announces 2017 Official Holiday Schedule
- Electronic Chops: Unauthorized Use and Legal Risk Management in China
Digital advertisement spending in China is expected to grow from US$23.6 billion in 2014 to US$83.59 billion in 2020. Here, we look at advertising strategies on Baidu, Alibaba, and Tencent online and mobile platforms, and how to maximize a brand’s visibility to China’s netizens.
- Upcoming Singles’ Day to Provide Peek into Future of e-Commerce in China
- China’s New Advertising Law: Key Considerations and Implications for Online Advertisers
- Weathering China’s Cloud Computing Regulations
- Accessing China’s Third Party Mobile Payments Market: A Comparison of WeChat and Alipay